The ragged pieces of ideas and thoughts of my attempt to live a life as a contemporary monastic in the urban city of Singapore..

 

Stayed at home on a Saturday afternoon

Mag took the kids to auntie Elsie's place. I was delibrately left home alone this afternoon to do some work to prepare for tomorrow which will be a busy Sunday. I will have a morning session to teach the kids how to write their journals, then after lunch a session with the team to discuss the implementation of the HopeKid LIVE! service in August and later in the afternoon chairing the church Team Rally. After that I will be rushing off to see my daughter's first piano performance (hopefully in time to catch her slot because of the clashes with my role in the Team Rally)

Anyway, this is a rare occasion i have alone at home, besides the proper work that i could do, i managed to blast my home sound system with a CD (Boulez's Mahler Symphony Number 7). It was fantastic and i didn't know the system's (Axiom speakers powered by NAD amp) capability until i can hear it loud and stretched. After that I played David Gray's One fine day .. or something like that ($2 from MJ). I also had a chance to play my guitar (fernandes tele) which i haven't done so for quite a while. I turned up my amplifier (vox valvetronix) as loud as i could.

Indeed it was a loud afternoon .. but the highlight of it was a quiet chance to read 2 of our children in HopeKids' journal. It was great going into their little world where God is so conveniently placed .. everywhere .. from their pockets to their hearts. It was such a pleasure to know that at their age, they can relate with God in a most intimate way.

I learned one thing from 7 y/o Josiah's journal when he wrote "The good news of Jesus is like newspapers, it should spreads fast every morning to all parts of Singapore".

God use us as your instrument!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2004   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   October 2008   December 2010   March 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   May 2012   August 2012   January 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]