The ragged pieces of ideas and thoughts of my attempt to live a life as a contemporary monastic in the urban city of Singapore..

 

My first recorded song "Sunset" survived

After 4 nights of trying to salvage parts of my old PC to build a new one, I finally got it all together. I upgraded my motherboard (ASRock), CPU (AMD) and RAM (1 Gigabyte). Of the 2 old harddisks I managed to retrieve files from one of them. Most of the photographs and music on the other one is gone. It was sad ... so you can imagine how thrilled it was for me to find a solitary MP3 file lying in the harddisk that was okay and it was MY FIRST RECORDED SONG.. "Sunset" Of all the music, this one survived!!


SoundClick Now!


Sunset (hi-fi | lo-fi )is one of the very first songs I've written and the first ever recorded in my old PC of my little Home Studio. Anyway I opened an account in SoundClick.com, uploaded it and you can listen to it there... if you promise not to laugh too much and just tell me what you think. Actually I don't mind cos I suppose when you like something and knowing life is imperfect, you don't mind doing it though you don't do it too well.

This new PC will be my digital audio workstation for making the soundtrack to our Christmas Musical Sincat's Rough Sea Journey This time I'm getting someone who actually knows what she's doing, play the piano and sing. I thought if God has given me wisdom that I should use it. :-)

Comments:
COOOOOOOOL! Just a look at the title, I actually thot the song may be a slow piece & have that tinge of evening-mood but not so rockish.. hahaha.. but seriously lar, it's good and nice. ganbatte for Him :)
 
Wow... you sing, you compose, play instruments, you minister on stage. What do you not do? Do you dance also? Still waiting for my activation key so that I can listen to your song. zzzzzz take so long.. apparantly I have no patience haha...
 
Chewy, glad you like it. I don't do so many rock songs.. just this one! I have lots of weird ones if I can transfer them over from CD soon.

Tiger, yes, apparently i cannot dance. Break dance a little bit. Anyway God is good to give me ability not to mind messing things up. So with that, I'm always open to try. Btw, do you need activation key to listen to them? hmmm something not right with how i set it up? Thought just click on 'lofi' and if you have broadband, just click on 'hifi'..
 
okee... finally heard it =P no need activation key i guess, and it the key never came hehe..

Wah.. super rock sia. Unexpected haha....impressed hehe... Maybe you can post the lyrics also?
 
The lyrics died together with the PC harddisk but from memory it is as follows. This song is about our failings but God is in control. If you don't understand the words, don't worry, I don't either. Its also about our messiness.


Trouble just came visiting me
Just when I thought it'll be fine
I just got down on my knees
Pray with little understanding of what things should be

Weary thoughts about my living
In His grace but still I seek Him
I just want to see things happen
Without letting bad things happen to me

Chorus
Sunset in the morning
I can see the cold wind slowly calling, Doesn't matter if its dark of shine cos God made the time
Flowers die out of season
Even though you do not know the reason Doesn't matter if its dead or alive cos God made the time.

Bridge:
Let the good days stay a while let the heartache be turned around. Turn your eyes on heavenly sight and let your anger be slow....

 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2004   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   October 2008   December 2010   March 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   May 2012   August 2012   January 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]