The ragged pieces of ideas and thoughts of my attempt to live a life as a contemporary monastic in the urban city of Singapore..

 

Feeling sick

Came back from work not feeling very well. Then during dinner, aggravated it by drinking a whole can of Coke Lime which has been accidently frozen in the freezer. It bloated up quite horribly, so I defrozed it at room temperature and drank it whole. That was a big mistake. It was downhill all the way. The kids have been down with stomach flu and my tummy aches like it. I felt so bad that even if there's a truckload of diamonds in front of me, I'll choose feeling better again. Mag's looked enlighten. I think I really made my point.

After dinner, we still tried to visit Hana, a child who visits HopeKids. She wasn't around last Sunday so just wanted to find out how she is. Nobody home, so dropped our service bulletin in her mailbox and left. In the car, still feeling sick, I asked Chern Han my 2 year old son "Chern Han, can you pray for daddy who's sick?" He bowed his head and said "Tank yu, Jeeses, pray daddy sick, amen!". I didn't know what to think. I said thank you and turned to ask Mei Si to pray too. She did.

Last night I slept early on the couch. Read some newspaper and slept listening to some music. I woke up at 2am, watched Friends and did some work. Now I can't sleep again, but praise God my tummy's been better. I wondered if it is my son's or my daughter's prayer that God answered. Maybe its both because they are the same prayer anyway. Even if one didn't sound quite right.

Listening to Fontella Bass singing the beautiful "The Light of the World" from her
No Ways Tired
album. So much soul the way she calls out "Jesus, light of the world". In the title track, her words "Nobody tells me the road was easy... I don't believe he brought me this far to leave me ... " should help me sleep. See you later in the morning.

Comments:
Will keep you and kids in prayer!
 
Thanks for the prayer... feeling great again since yesterday.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2004   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   October 2008   December 2010   March 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   May 2012   August 2012   January 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]