The ragged pieces of ideas and thoughts of my attempt to live a life as a contemporary monastic in the urban city of Singapore..

 

A long day

Morning
Bought two chinese made Hero 336 fountain pen from yahoo id 'foreverfriends' who operate near my office. He gave me two free gifts for being a regular customer. It was 2 disposable felt pens (from Hero too). He's beginning to be my key supplier of cheap writing pens from China. This time I'm more impressed with the free pens that the ones actually bought. They write so well & so wonderfully that I've been journalling with it more than I usually write. Writing more than i have things to write feels totally weird. I didn't let that bother me too much recognising most of us are weird and there's really nothing to hide. Infact I write so that I'm in touch with whatever sanity or madness that's in me. It has been a tool for so long, I could no longer write just to be heard. Journalling speaks to me much more than I could speak through it.

Afternoon
I'm a badminton player. Though amateurist but I play with purpose, I thought my game of badminton with some colleagues during lunch time today was perfect way to keep up my exercise plan. It was perfect also because the court was just across the road, I just have to skipped across from the office. I also skipped lunch today.

Evening
After work I went straight to a public lecture "The Romance of the PC Grid" at the new National Library organised by the National Grid of Singapore. I still wasn't hungry so I couldn't eat though I was hungry for information. I was curious what the hype of Grid computing is about and I must say I was enlightened. Although the speaker shared some really interesting facts, I'm more amazed by the speaker's vision of where he want to bring it to. It's good to be inspired by people who are focused and determined in what they do. It helps me realise that its good to have a vision in life. A big vision that one could strive towards and also one that humbles you. We all have a big vision from God and he calls for our diligence, focus and humility to move towards it. It's not an important vision that He needed help in but its an important vision that is purposed for us to be involved. As for Grid computing, its for me to have a vision for it in the Kingdom.

Night
Reading a book called "The Ice Cream Maker" by Subir Chowburry about Service Excellence and the sleeve of Sting's DVD called "Bring On The Night". Don't know if I can stay up to catch Barcelona wallop Chelsea tomorrow morning. God taught me about caring for people. Anyway this is another very long day.

Comments:
Hey,
I'm curious, what pen is that? can you put it up?

I don't think it is insanity to love writing so much that you don't have to first have a thought. It is absolutely liberating to let the pen guide the thoughts ... afterall inspiration is also how the pen glides and how the nip gives it that certain elegance, or roughness or just simply you as an individual. Problem with keyboard is that all the handwriting lacks character, but if you have an overwhelming thought process, the laptop will serve you well, you can always transfer what is electronic to handwritten.

my fav are pens from this place which always admired but never owned. Chk it out, if you ever own one, pls pls pls consider loaning to me over 1 wk-end ...;P http://www.elephant-coral.com/
 
The pen is a Hero 336 which is an imitation of a Parker 51. I already have one and decided to get 2 more as spare gifts as it doesn't cost much. Hope I can stop being a lazy bum and take a photo of it soon. watch this space.

The pens that Elephant & Carol carries sounds expensive. Namiki, Mountblanc, Aurora etc.. . I always dream of a Pelikan pen though. Not that expensive but writes like a dream. By the way Mountblanc pens are a rip off. Overpriced and not worth it.

Yes, let's write til the soul gets home ;-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2004   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   October 2008   December 2010   March 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   May 2012   August 2012   January 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]