The ragged pieces of ideas and thoughts of my attempt to live a life as a contemporary monastic in the urban city of Singapore..

 

Photographs of the rest of my trip


The "Information Boat" (Booth) of the children's ministry center



Mr & Mrs Craig Jutila, pastors for All Stars, Children's Ministry of Saddleback Church.


Some friends in children's ministry I met amongst over 3 thousand who gathered for the event.


Pastor Kieun Yu is English & Education Pastor for San Jose Korean Presbyterian Church. Had a quick dinner, drink and fellowship with him before we left.


Eric Voris is the associate children's minister for First Christian in Phoenix. We are posing with California Oranges for lunch at Orange County.


One of half a dozen halls in the children's ministry center. Equipped with xboxes and arcade games


Landscaping around the center specially designed to tell 40 bible stories to children. Should have got the shot of the stone and tomb of Jesus.


A photo with a typical children's ministry leader. Amy Branley is a core leader in the All Stars Team. She's wearing a typical uniform on a weekend.


In Saddleback church, you can shop for the style of service you want. Cool but for those who hate shopping, hate making decisions ... not so cool..


How I got around with 3 USD per day. The All Day Pass is an excellent way to see the place.


Laguna Beach ...

It's the most beautiful place I got to hang out at one the afternoon after the conference.


Stayed with Pastor Albert and family for the last 2 nights there. Visited Hope Irvine (OC) for Sunday Service and it was a refreshing time. Great man of God and warm family.


Took a train early in the morning from Orange County to spent a day at LA before my flight at midnight.


There's the skyline around Beverly Hills.


American styled hot dog on the streets of LA


Street performer playing for loose change


Travelled on their neat subway ...


Americans of latin origin hit the streets on what is labor day to us to march for equal rights as citizens.


Spent most of my time at the LA Contemporary Art Museum because its free after five. The place is HUGE and I spent my most relaxed/reflective time there.


Never got a chance to catch the LA Philharmonic but caught a shot of their new home at Walt Disney Concert Hall.


I've learned so much on this trip which the most important is that children's ministry is not to be done. It is to BE. It is true we don't do church. We are the church. I'm grateful for this wonderful time of learning. It has opened my mind and heart to more of Him and in my abundant time alone, the Lord has made me come closer to Him. God is our good Father.

Thanks for all who contributed and prayed for me. I hope the seed will become a tree that it may be shelter to many more in our church. May God humbled me with new knowledge and the working out of it in our ministry.

Comments:
hey, i found you blog through a comment you left on a nother blogg hope you dont mind me postion a comment here.
I think what yu are doing for those kids is amazing, and i think that more people around the world should do what you guys do, I do have one question for you tho, I know that I have been called in to the mission field and into ministry of God, but I dont know anything about it, i mean like how did you know that this is what God wanted you to do with your life, how did you start and become so successfull, where did you start off. sorry about the questionaire but I have been wondering theese things latley... I want to do great things for God but have no clue of how to get tehre lol,if that makes anysense at all lol. anyway sorry about the long comment God bless
 
ahhh, from your profile I learned that you are from Canada that's a long way away from us. I met 2 of your Countrymen (or rather women)while in Krabi last weekend. They backpacked and travelled by themselves and have great sense of adventure.

Ministry is an adventure too, even greater than travelling is. Glad to hear that you have captured God's calling for your life. I can't say much as God works differently in different people but if you want my opinion about starting off, it will be to make sure ministry is not our own ambition. Only when ministry is God's calling can we be where God wants us to be. That's when we allow God to do things to us, rather than us doing things(usuaully in the name of doing them for Him) I hope you understand what I mean.

I remember Mother Teresa or someone once said that there's no such thing as doing great things but doing small things with great love. She's talking about faithfulness, letting God use small things...seeds.or us in humble form so that so called 'great' things can be done.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2004   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   October 2008   December 2010   March 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   May 2012   August 2012   January 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]