The ragged pieces of ideas and thoughts of my attempt to live a life as a contemporary monastic in the urban city of Singapore..

 

Exhausted

Not that i travelled much today but i'm exhausted nevertheless. Good to finally reach home to have a nice hot shower. Thinking of what I feel are what it takes to make it in life. I think two things that if I'm without will be a disaster. The first are relationships and the second discipline and ability to organise. Both aren't my terror niches. My powerful niches are taking long walks, being alone and listening to music (and perhaps eating oranges,ice-cream and chocolates). I suppose being weak in both these areas make me look to the Lord. What are relationships without the power of God's love? Yeap that's right, bad ones. And what use is discipline without the purpose of God? Yeap, nothing, nothing meaningful at all.

I'm exhausted just thinking about the fragility of life. Mag has a such a big heart for fragile people. She came over the church office to have lunch with me..... err let me explain. Before lunch we bumped into a single mother whose son comes to our children's church. Over lunch Mag explained what's she's been doing and her intention to help the need of this mum and son. I was surprised as i never knew. She later drop me back to the office and drove off to town in heavy rain to meet our lawyer friend to settle business on behalf of her late auntie's family. Then she rushed to visit some friend's elderly mum admitted to Alexandra hospital. After spending sometime there, drove all the way to the airport to sent her old classmate she didn't have time to meet when she's around and now returning to Sweden. From the airport she came back for me at 8:30pm so that we can go for dinner. I found out that she didn't have any money with her which was strange. Well she told me she gave everything she had in her purse (a 50 note) to auntie in the hospital. 'Spending money' for a poor old folk she said. So I bought her dinner and we went to collect our kids in Siglap only to reach home around 10. I'm not sure about her but I'm totally exhausted now. What did i do? I went out for lunch and went out for dinner and both places were 2 minutes away from the office.

Tomorrow Mag will be at a training with Hope Centre entitled "Understanding and Working With Youth" in Buona Vista. I'll be at home with the kids. I'm reminded that she spends most of her day with the same kids almost every day of the week. So -elderlies, widows, family embers of late aunties, peers, youths and children - I DO NOT know many with a bigger heart. And with my believe that she's so much more a people person than many and extremely (and though sometimes I think excessively) good with organisation, I'm blessed to 'bear' her children (ie. okay.. after they were born that is). Truly I'm her biggest fan.

I think God is answering my prayers for her to overturn the exhaustion she faced in the later part of last year and start being herself again. I always feel the world's a better place because of her and so is mine.

Comments:
Yeap... we must all learn to love and appreciate our wives much better. I couldn't agree with you more!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2004   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   October 2008   December 2010   March 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   May 2012   August 2012   January 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]