The ragged pieces of ideas and thoughts of my attempt to live a life as a contemporary monastic in the urban city of Singapore..

 

My Birthday Entry!

It's hard to reflect on the new year. It is what i regard as one of the most challenging and yet fulfilling year. It has too many ups and downs, too many struggles and successes. I suppose there's too much to learn and reflect from. Reading through the greetings and wishes from people did give me an idea that the year has been worth it. I thank God that I could leave an impact on people through what I do. Measuring against what I wish for in life, I figure how important it is to rough out our limited time in the 365+ days in a year towards what really matters despite how difficult it may be.

Yesterday is the last day of 2006. It was a usual sunday affair. Well almost. I went to church, had a great time sharing to the children, had lunch with the CG whereby they celebrated my birthday, visited my in-laws, brought the kids to the playground downstairs which is big deal for them, had dinner out and then at night checked out St James Power Station. When they did the countdown to the new year (and my birthday too), I had no walking space. Learned how people young and old could party so hard and appeared so immersed with fun (some I do believe were downing their sorrows inwardly). First time in years Mag and I went out until 4am in the morning. Have never woke up so late the next morning for quite some time. Have never woke up by a phone call from my brother to wish me a Happy Birthday actually. Liang called and he has never done that. It was a great way to start the year knowing we have become closer. Called mum to wish her a Happy New Year and she conveyed a 'thank you' from dad for a good job as MC at the KL wedding. I felt nothing when I heard it but as i keep thinking about it, I realized it meant so much that my dad thought that way.

My expectation of the new year is the same thing ...Work hard and pray hard, do whatever that will make the biggest difference in a person's life. (I think that why I'm passionate to work with children, not because I like them, I just believe in them). While at it, to not take things too seriously cos God is in control.

I hope that I pull through the year unscathed again and if I don't, to turn bad things into opportunities. I thank the people around me who shared my life and make things happen together. I realise how under valued Mag has appeared to be. She has had a rough year with having to battle together critical illness of her late aunt and all the work that is involved in that. And her support of me and the family has enabled me to taste all the successes in what I do and who I am. I really wish I could bless her more and I resolute to pray for her properly. I value the people I'm working with in the family, ministry and work more than anything else and i think that's what makes the journey so worthwhile.

2007 here I am, take me... but be careful cos I'm His and have been spoken for.

Comments:
BLESSED HATCHDAY AND BLESSED NEW YEAR TO YOOU !!! :-)
 
Happy belated birthday!!! :)
 
Happy Belated Birthday from me too! =p

May many many more kids be impacted for Christ thru your ministry!

Amen.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2004   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   October 2008   December 2010   March 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   May 2012   August 2012   January 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]