The ragged pieces of ideas and thoughts of my attempt to live a life as a contemporary monastic in the urban city of Singapore..

 

My Yesterday

I set up my acquarium tank in the beginning of the year. I can post a picture because with my colleague Raymond's recommendation, I got new digital camera. Lost my old one in HopeKids last year, was sad but sadness don't last at all. This one is much better.



After the tanks was 'nitrogen cycled' for 2 weeks, my colleague Tze Wei wanted us to give his 5 Tetras and a corydora a new home. The kids were thrilled. I'm okay with tetras but I'm a big fan of corydoras. Here's the picture of Belle the bronze corydora, Tze Wei had since the fish is small.



The fish are doing just fine in their new place. Yesterday I felt I wasn't doing well in the new year. It was 31st Jan, the end of only the first month of the year and it was already my second MC. This time my whole body was weak and I couldn't get myself to do anything. The doctor said I caught a cold and have gastric flu. I had 'cholic' earlier this month. Well, I spent my day in bed, with the kids, Mag and the corydora. I didn't feel well but these things/people helped made things better.

I ended my day in the company of fellow pastoral leaders over dinner at Hotel Miramar Ps Jeff and Claudia hosted. It is always good time hanging out with them. There's so much to learn and absorb and I truly have greatest respect for all of them for their work in their respective portfolio. The spirit and attitude is always good & inspiring. The mother of all good spirit & attitude is Ps Jeff himself (or should I say 'father'). I'm really thankful for him for all that he has done to believe in people and make a difference in our lives. We are all (as long as we are human being) in self deception and lived in the box so to speak. Deny it and stay in the box or admit it and live outside of it. Within the box, we can't see clearly others and ourselves for most of the time. He for one has always tried to live outside the box and leading from there makes the biggest difference in the impact that can be made. It was a great dinner. Ps Jeff & Claudia paid for it. Life's good when someone pays. That's why Jesus is such a big deal to me.

I was on MC and its a great time at home and with good company. Was at morning club and think I'm ready to go back today. I'm still not 100% but then when is anyone 100% anyway? We just go, try, fail, learn and succeed. It's like that.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2004   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   October 2008   December 2010   March 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   May 2012   August 2012   January 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]