The ragged pieces of ideas and thoughts of my attempt to live a life as a contemporary monastic in the urban city of Singapore..

 

At Pasir Ris Beach

I lied down on the beach at Pasir Ris after a long Sunday. I looked towards the sea and wondered what's life like in the sea. I mean if I'm not living on land and like sea villagers works and travels in the sea. With all things revolving around the sea, wouldn't that be a big impact on me and how I do things. Wouldn't that change my mind about how things are done. Wouldn't church be so different.

Thoughts like that helps me retain the fundamental of what being a Christian mean. There may not be church decoration, there may not be church blogs, they may not shake much hands of those who comes to church for they may fall into the water trying. They may not jump so much during praise and worship for they may also risk falling again. Preaching may be different as visuals may not be through power point. Stage lightings will be different. They may not even be a stage.. I don't know.

Love will remain the same. Praying, caring, fellowship and reading of God's word will still be the same. Visitation will still be done on boats and discipleship without a doubt. The love of God and for one another and all these fundamentals are what will make the biggest difference as a Christian whether it is on sea or land. I really like it when a trip to the beach refreshes me to what counts in our life. Think regularly and reflect deeply. It helps, especially after a long Easter Sunday. I feel like having my life lived on sea the whole of this week and I'll be trying to do just that. Hope I will survive the journey to keep you updated.

Happy Easter for the remaining hour of the day and remember Jesus is alive!

Comments:
Happy Easter to you too!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2004   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   October 2008   December 2010   March 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   May 2012   August 2012   January 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]