The ragged pieces of ideas and thoughts of my attempt to live a life as a contemporary monastic in the urban city of Singapore..

 

My journal left on the road


I haven't been blogging for quite a while because I discovered a way of writing out my prayers to God in my journal. Like everything else that's new, it was really exciting doing it discovering how my prayers can be so concrete and focused. It was a new experience. It's been around 2 weeks.

On Monday, I lost my journal. The person who found it called yesterday to ask me to collect it from his home. Apparently I dropped it in the middle of road at Carpmael Road near Joo Chiat. I got it back from his maid this morning and when I flipped through the pages, I realised that I do not have my name nor my phone number written in any part of it for him to be able to contact me. I'm curious who the person is and how does he know that the journal belongs to me.

Stranger things have happened but its always the last that kept me wondering, how much in life are things that will meet the eye, the ear or even the intellect. This week a child in service asked me if Eve was not suppose to eat the fruit from the tree then why did God create the tree in the Garden of Eden. Mei Si asked my wife this same week, if she cannot eat sweets why do they sell them in the shops. My question this week is if I cannot have that nice penthouse on top of the hill, then why was it built ?

Ha ha ha, it was build for some other purpose that at the point in time wasn't meant for me. Similarly the fruit wasn't meant for Eve, the sweets wasn't meant for Mei Si, the penthouse just couldn't be mine at that point in time. It's just the order of things and we have to be submissive to that. But who knows, maybe one day, the order may change. But at the moment I'm happy staying in my humble HDB in Tampines. And I'm also happy that I lost my journal for a while that now I appreciate it much more. It's definitely nice also to blog again.

By the way I have a new favourite family photo.

Comments:
heh.. nice to see u blogging again after a period of absence .. kind of missed your writings, they really do minister in one way or another :)
 
thanks bro for your encouragement in this journey together. hope to be able to meet you one day.
 
It's interesting how you reason about Eve and the apple ;p

It's enjoyable to read your blog. I will check out your blog again. ;-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

December 2004   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   October 2008   December 2010   March 2011   July 2011   August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   May 2012   August 2012   January 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]